Friday, March 07, 2008

how time flies. not so long ago it was about attending sweet seventeen birthday parties. the marching band activities which I joined made me stay back at school every wednesdays and saturdays. marching and playing instruments under the hot sun. sometimes we even had to undergo punishments when we accidentally dropped our beloved instruments or the mouthpieces - by running arond the practice field before the break. since parties were commonly held on saturdays, I would normally rush home, quickly showered, and went right away to the venue. that applied to my own party as well.

and then, slowly but surely, wedding invitations started flowing in. no more sweaty bodies, we're working adults. I definitely spend more time freezing under the aircon nowadays than sweating under the sun. it's so unhealthy. having small reunions during every wedding attended, I realize we're getting more and more detached from our friends. how very unhealthy.

I can smell the trend is slowly changing now. the latest one is, fussing over kids' birthday parties. oh. my. God. I just received an invitation for first birthday party of a friend's daughter. and I'm addressed as 'auntie'... *gawk*

No comments: