Friday, May 30, 2008

upon completion of the 2-day training, the south african instructor distributed the certifications by calling out our names one by one. he told us first that no one has taught him how to read chinese names. but he managed to call all names perfectly until... yep, until he came across my name.. hahaha.. I knew it. but to be fair I couldn't pronounce my name that was written there either, since the crucial letter was typed wrongly.

after a week full of meetings and trainings, it's time to rejuvenate with a free spa session! I guess I have a soft spot for free stuff, so I okay-ed the invitation, although I knew I'd be subjected to a sales talk.

it was actually a 30-min back massage, more towards balinese style. the sales person did try his best to make me purchase the package, but I could really tell that he's really sincere and I did feel bad to decline. then he brought with him his colleague who again tried to convince me.

he: "isn't that a bottega bag?" (pointing to my bag which I put on the chair, suggesting that if I could afford that bag, why did I say the package was expensive?)
me: "nope, it's a China bag."
:))
he: "but you still paid for it, right?"
me: "no, my sister bought it for me."
:))
he then quickly changed his tactic and asked me if I really never buy anything for myself.
:))

No comments: